If you’ve ever wondered How to Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp in an Air Fryer, this is for you!! This hands off main dish made in the air fryer is so incredibly easy, with no extra oil required! Works for frozen breaded popcorn shrimp or jumbo butterfly shrimp! PLUS my recipe for Spicy Sweet Shrimp Dip!
Air Fryer Shrimp
- about 1 pound frozen breaded shrimp, such as popcorn shrimp
Spicy Sweet Shrimp Dip
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Air fry: Open the package and add your desired amount of frozen breaded shrimp to the air fryer basket (try to skip all the crumbs if you can). Set the air fryer to 375F. Cook time will vary depending on size and quantity of frozen breaded shrimp:
- For about one serving of frozen popcorn shrimp (less than one layer in the basket), air fry for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown and sizzling.
- For a whole bag of frozen popcorn shrimp (about 1 pound, pictured), air fry for 12-14 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, until shrimps are golden brown and sizzling.
- For jumbo/butterfly shrimps, arrange 4-14 jumbo shrimps in a single layer in the basket and air fry for 8-10 minutes until shrimps are golden brown and sizzling.
- Make some sauce (optional): Mix all the sauce ingredients together and serve with the crispy air fryer breaded shrimp!
- Serve: Serve on tacos, as an app with dipping sauces, or as a main with slaw and Spanish rice. Best eaten right after being made, so only make as much as you need and keep the rest frozen.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal and includes sauce, but will vary based on the brand of shrimp used.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 407
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: shrimp, air fryer, popcorn shrimp