Pinwheels are a super simple deli lunch you can easily make at home and turn into meal prep! Check out my tips to help you make the BEST Easy Turkey Pinwheels Meal Prep!!
Each meal prep contains:
- Regular burrito size tortillas work, but I prefer Flatouts Flatbreads (affiliate link) – 1 per serving
- Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedges (light!) – 2 wedges per serving
- Or .75 oz pesto cream cheese (or plain)
- Or 1 TB mayonnaise/mustard
- 3–4 slices turkey deli meat, thinly sliced (about 4 oz per serving)
- 1 slice of cheese (optional – see notes for my favorite pinwheel combos)
- Baby spinach, romaine or other greens you like (about 1 handful per serving)
Meal Prep Sides (pictured):
- 1 oz nuts such as almond or cashews or a mix
- as many berries as can fit into your meal prep container
- Lay your flatbread or tortilla flat on a cutting board or other clean surface. Spread your condiment on first, being sure to cover the ENTIRE flatbread surface. Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedges work really well – they are low calorie (the Light kind), taste great, and do not make the pinwheel soggy. You can use mayo and mustard, but your pinwheel may become soggy if it’s stored for more than 24 hours. Cream cheese also works, but it has more calories.
- Next, arrange your deli meat slices flat on the tortilla, covering about 2/3 of the surface (please see the detailed photo in the post above). Leave 1/3 of the tortilla covered with your condiment only.
- Add a slice of cheese if you want, then add your greens to the middle of the flatbread forming a line from edge to edge (please see the picture if this is confusing!).
- Begin rolling the pinwheel from the meat covered side, using both hands and rolling tightly. The greens may try to escape, but just use your fingers to tuck them in as you roll.
- Cut the roll up into 5 pieces, and arrange in your meal prep container. Portion some berries and nuts to complete the meal! Prep up to 3 servings at once and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
NOTE: These instructions make ONE meal prep lunch – just keep prepping more if you want more! Since these are made one at a time, it’s easy to prep as little or as many as you want. I would recommend prepping these only up to 3 days in advance.
My favorite pinwheel flavor combos: 1) Two wedges of Laughing Cow spreadable cheese (35 calories each) as the condiment, 3-4 pieces of turkey, and some spinach. FAVORITE and easiest combo. 2) One wedge of Laughing Cow spreadable cheese, a small amount of my favorite mustard, 3 pieces of turkey, spinach, and one slice of cheddar cheese. 3) Pesto cream cheese, 3 slices of turkey, romaine, tomato and a slice of provolone (detailed recipe here).
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal using combination 1 as an example.
- Serving Size: 1 prepped meal
- Calories: 485
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 41g
Keywords: lunch, pinwheels, turkey, easy recipe, meal prep