My Easy Buffalo Chicken Salad has shredded chicken breast, diced veggies, and my favorite Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. Meal prep it with a pita for lunches or stay Whole30 with greens and more veggies!
- 1 pound leftover cooked, shredded chicken breasts (see note for cooking instructions if needed)
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks of celery, finely diced (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup compliant mayonnaise (homemade or Primal Kitchens)
- 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2 tablespoons compliant Ranch dressing (Primal Kitchens or Tessemae’s – or use more mayo if you don’t have Ranch)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 4 days. Serve for lunch with greens, hard-boiled egg, nuts, fruit, or stuff in a pita/wrap if not Whole30.
To cook chicken breasts: Oven: Preheat oven to 425F. Lay raw chicken in a rimmed baking pan lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean up). Rub with 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Instant Pot: Place your raw chicken breasts into the pot with 1 cup chicken broth. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook on Manual or High Pressure for 8-9 minutes for raw or 12-14 minutes for frozen (higher end of the range for thicker breasts). Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
Make a half batch of this recipe to serve 2 if you only have one chicken breast (at least 8 ounces).
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal and includes buffalo chicken salad only.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: cold lunch, buffalo chicken, paleo, whole30, chicken, meal prep, buffalo sauce, primal kitchens,