Golden-brown, crispy seasoned croutons can be made in your air fryer in less than 15 minutes! These crunchy bites of heaven are perfect for topping your favorite soups and salads. Here’s How to Make Croutons in an Air Fryer!
- 4–5 slices of hearty white bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 6 ounces of bread)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Mix: In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread cubes, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Use your hands or tongs to gently toss the bread cubes until all pieces are coated in oil and spices.
- Cook: Pour the prepared bread cubes in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry at 350F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket and checking progress halfway through. Remove the croutons from the air fryer when they are golden brown to your preference.
- Store: Serve on soups and salads! To store, let the croutons cool completely, then store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
Bread notes: I prefer to use sourdough bread for croutons, but any bread you have on hand will work. Day old bread is preferred but not required. 6 ounces of bread = about 4 hearty slices of bread, which was about 4 cups of cubed bread. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: croutons, air fryer, salad, air fryer croutons, side dish, bread, homemade croutons, side salad