Pesto, chicken, noodles and more in this simple weeknight dinner! Perfect for leftover chicken!
- 8 ounces dry brown rice pasta spirals (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup traditional prepared pesto
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup 2% greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked diced chicken (any leftover chicken will work!)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, very well drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (separated)
- 1/2 cup crushed parmesan crisps (I like Whisps)
- Cook pasta to al dente based on package directions. Particularly if you’re using brown rice pasta, don’t overcook!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, add pesto, egg, and greek yogurt. Mix until completely incorporated.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, noodles, chicken, tomatoes, and spices. Mix thoroughly until cream cheese and spices are evenly dispersed.
- Add pesto yogurt mixture and peas to the large mixing bowl. Mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon about half of the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Continue by spooning the remaining chicken pesto mixture over the cheese.
- Finally, top with remaining mozzarella cheese followed by the parmesan crisps.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and cheese is completely melted. Optional: Supervised broil for 3 minutes to give an ultra crisp top.
Prep: Store in airtight containers for up to 4 days. Nutrition info estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of casserole
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 42g