Why not add this simple cold meal prep lunch to your rotation? These Sesame Chicken Cold Rice Noodle Salad Lunches are full of mandarins, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, sesame shredded chicken, and cold rice noodles for a total meal prep game changer!
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (or bagged coleslaw mix)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (optional if not in coleslaw mix)
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 15 ounce can mandarins, drained (no sugar added; OR use 3–4 small fresh mandarins)
- prepared Instant Pot Sesame Shredded Chicken + prepared sesame sauce (*see notes for options)
- 4 ounces pad thai rice noodles (I used 1/2 box of Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Rice Noodles)
- toppings: toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onions
- Cook the sesame shredded chicken and sauce, if not already prepared. Keep prepared sauce and chicken separate so you can add them to the meal prep containers as needed.
- Cook the pad thai rice noodles according to the box directions, following the minimum cook time listed. Rinse with cold water.
- Assemble meal prep lunches: To each meal prep container or bowl, add 3/4 cup shredded cabbage, 1/4 cup shredded carrots, 1/4 of the sliced cucumber, 3.75 ounces mandarin segments, 4 ounces sesame shredded chicken, 1 ounce pad thai noodles, and a long drizzle of sesame sauce (or keep the sauce on the side and add right before eating).
- Store: Keep in the refrigerator and enjoy within 4 days.
The original Sesame Shredded Chicken recipe is made in the Instant Pot and includes yummy sesame sauce. The recipe page includes instructions for stovetop or slow cooker chicken and sauce if you don’t have an Instant Pot. You can also use any cooked shredded chicken (leftover, rotisserie, whatever) and any bottled dressing or sauce you like.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 meal prep salad
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: lunch, salad, meal prep, chicken, noodle salad, cold noodles, cabbage, cucumbers