This Cinnamon Raisin Carrot Salad with pineapple is a simple and versatile sweet side dish that’s perfect to make ahead for potlucks or enjoy leftovers at home. Packed full of carrots but tastes like a treat with cinnamon raisin dessert flavors, and no mayo!
- 2/3 cup whole almonds
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces shredded carrots (about 5 medium carrots)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened raisins
- Toast the almonds: Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a half or quarter rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Arrange the almonds on the sheet pan in single layer and toast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, shaking the sheet pan halfway through cooking. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes and then coarsely chop the almonds and set aside for the salad.
- Mix it together: Add the pineapple, Greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir until just mixed. Add the shredded carrots, raisins, and toasted chopped almonds to the bowl and stir until the salad is well mixed together.
- Serve & store: Salad can be eaten immediately, but for best flavor, refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within 4 days.
Carrots: You can use a food processor or box grater to shred carrots at home, or buy a bag of pre-shredded carrots from the store. Pineapple: You can also use pineapple chunks (I always have these on hand rather than crushed pineapple) and partially blend them in the bowl with a stick-mixer before continuing the recipe.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: about 2/3 cup
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: carrots, carrot salad, side dish, make ahead, cinnamon, raisins, recipes