Full of flavor and packed with veggies like kale, jalapeno, onions and peppers, this Chipotle Ground Turkey Skillet Meal Prep is a one-pan make-ahead lunch dream! Serve with rice or keep it low-carb with cauliflower rice!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 pound (16 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeds and stem removed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2/3 cup mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons chipotle pepper hot sauce
- 2 cups kale leaves, roughly chopped and stalks removed, loosely packed
- 2 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- Cook the meat: In a Dutch Oven or 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. When hot, add ground turkey and salt. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Cook the meat for about 5-6 minutes or until just barely cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the veggies: Next, add bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, salsa and hot sauce to the pan. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened and the liquid has reduced. Finally, add kale leaves and stir until bright green and slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat.
- Meal prep it: Add about 1/2 cup cooked rice to each meal prep container. Portion the ground turkey veggie mixture evenly between 4 meal prep containers. Garnish with cilantro and serve with guacamole if you wish. Store in an airtight container for up to four days in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Chipotle pepper hot sauce: I prefer Siete Chipotle Hot Sauce (affiliate link – I get it at Whole Foods), but Cholula or other brands would work too. You can also use leftover chipotle sauce from a can of chipotle peppers if you have it on hand. Rice: Serve with your favorite rice. Opting for cauliflower rice would keep this meal low carb. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal using white rice.
- Serving Size: about 2 cups
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: chipotle, ground turkey, lunches, meal prep, ground turkey skillet, one pan meal, skillet meal