Feed a crowd or have yummy leftovers for the week’s lunches with this Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake! This hearty main dish is baked in one pan and loaded with bacon & chunky ranch flavored chicken breast all over roasted potatoes!
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6–7 medium), cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 ounce) Ranch seasoning packet (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onions for topping (optional)
- Bake those potatoes: Preheat oven to 425F. Add the potato chunks to a large mixing bowl, then add oil, hot sauce, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of the Ranch seasoning packet, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well until oil and seasonings are evenly distributed. Using a slotted spoon (don’t pour them in), add the potatoes to a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Save the bowl and leave any oil/seasonings that have collected in the bowl there for the chicken. Roast these potatoes in the preheated oven for 45 minutes total, stirring every 15 minutes so the potatoes cook evenly.
- Prepare the chicken: Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks if not already done, then add to the same bowl the potatoes were mixed in. Add the remainder of the Ranch seasoning packet to the chicken and stir until well mixed and chicken is coated in oil from the bowl. Set aside until the potatoes have cooked for 45 minutes.
- Put it together: After the potatoes have cooked for 45 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and give the potatoes a final stir. Add a layer of bacon bits (about 2/3 of them) on top of the potatoes, followed by about 1/2 cup of cheese. Next, add ALL of the raw chicken to the casserole dish, in as much of a single layer as possible. On top of the chicken, add the remaining bits of bacon and the rest of the cheese. Bake in the 425F degree oven for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through and all the cheese is melty. Serve with salad or a side veggie if preferred. Store in an airtight container and enjoy within 4 days.
For a 4 serving meal, cut recipe in half and bake for the same amount of time in an 8×8 baking dish. Nutritional information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of dish
- Calories: 572
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Protein: 34g
Keywords: dinner, potatoes, chicken bacon ranch, big meal, family dinner, chicken breast