This Whole30 Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is made of a spaghetti squash base, and it’s full of juicy chicken breast, homemade bacon bits, and tons of veggies. Delicious and filling for Whole30ers and non-Whole30ers alike!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2–3 pounds)
- 8–10 ounces raw bacon strips (no added sugar or preservatives), cut into bits
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced (red or yellow)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup compliant Ranch dressing (I use Primal Kitchens)
- 3 large eggs
Cook the spaghetti squash (can be done a day ahead of time):
- Roast in the oven: Preheat oven to 400F. Cut squash in half lengthwise and place the halves upside down on a lined baking sheet. Cook 40-45 minutes until the skin is fork tender. Let the squash cool and then use a fork to remove all the flesh from the skin into a large mixing bowl. Reduce heat to 375F when the squash is done cooking.
- Steam in the Instant Pot: Cut your spaghetti squash in half widthwise, fit it into your Instant Pot on the trivet with one cup of water, and then select Steam on high pressure for 8 minutes with a Natural Pressure Release. Let the squash cool and then use a fork to remove all the flesh from the skin into a large mixing bowl.
Cook the meats & veggies:
- Place a Dutch oven or deep skillet over Medium heat. When hot, add bacon bits and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bits are browned and crispy to your liking. Remove the bacon bits and place them in a paper towel lined bowl. Carefully remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Over medium heat, add the bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic and chicken breast pieces to the pan with the bacon grease. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through and all the vegetables are tender.
Put it together:
- Preheat oven to 375F. To the large mixing bowl with the cooked spaghetti squash strands, add the bacon bits (reserving a few for topping), the chicken and veggie mixture, Ranch dressing, eggs, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt & pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the mixture to a greased 9×13 casserole dish (I used avocado spray oil to grease the pan). Flatten the mixture out into the casserole dish then sprinkle remaining bacon bits on top.
- Bake at 375F for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Broil for the final two minutes for a crisp top. Store leftovers in an airtight sealed container and enjoy within 4 days.
Adapted from Buffalo Chicken Casserole by PaleOMG. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of casserole
- Calories: 366
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: casserole, dinner, chicken bacon ranch, whole30, ranch dressing, chicken breast, bacon