This Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad Sandwich is made with only 5 simple ingredients and is the perfect use of any leftover cooked chicken you have on hand. It’s easy, creamy, and delicious! Layer between bread, use as a dip for your favorite crackers, or just eat it plain!
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced
- 8 strips of bacon cooked into bacon bits (or 3/4 to 1 cup bacon bits – homemade is best)
- 3 small ripe avocados, peeled and pits removed
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayo or Paleo mayo
- season with salt and pepper
- 2 slices of your favorite bread per sandwich (toasting is optional!)
- Add avocados to a large bowl and mash well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper if you want. Serve on bread, crackers or just plain!
- Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 nights. The avocado may begin to turn brown when stored overnight, but just give it a quick stir and it will be fine.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal and includes two thin slices of sourdough bread per serving.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup salad + 2 slices of bread
- Calories: 576
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 31g