These Cherry Vanilla Overnight Oats make such an easy grab and go meal prep breakfast for cherry lovers! Fresh muddled cherries, vanilla extract, and a touch of cinnamon gives these oats a stellar summer flavor!
- 1 cup fresh sweet red cherries, pits and stems removed
- 1 cup rolled oats (or old-fashioned oats)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Small pinch of salt
- Prepare cherries: Add at least 1/2 cup cherries (or as much as 3/4 cup) to each jar. Use a muddler to squish and breakdown the cherries in the bottom of the jar to produce a little cherry juice. If you don’t have a muddler, you can use a blender tamper tool, a pestle, or anything with a small flat bottom. Alternatively, chop up the cherries a bit finer and then use a fork to mash.
- Prepare oats: Next, add all remaining ingredients to each mason jar on top of the cherries. Add the following ingredients to each serving/jar of overnight oats: 1/2 cup rolled oats, 3/4 cup milk, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a small pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Refrigerate & serve: Place the lid on the oats and store in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 4 hours but ideally overnight. To serve, open the lid and stir to mix up a bit. Top with additional fresh cherries or toasted almonds. Enjoy within 4 days.
Recipe as written makes two servings, but using the Step 2 instructions, you can make as many jars of oats as you’d like at one time. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: cherries, oatmeal, overnight oats, breakfast, meal prep, fresh cherries, vanilla