These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are a hot twist on classic deli pinwheel sandwiches! Packed with carrots, celery, provolone cheese, and buffalo flavored cream cheese, these pinwheels are a wonderful cold lunch meal prep idea!
For one pinwheel:
- 1 burrito size tortilla or Flat Outs Flatbread (pictured!)
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (plus for more topping)
- 3–4 slices thin sliced deli chicken breast
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1/2 small carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1/2 rib of celery, cut into fine matchsticks
For the meal prep:
- pretzel rods (pictured)
- nut mix
- anything you want!
- Mix cream cheese: In a small bowl, add cream cheese and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (1 ounce cream cheese & 1 teaspoon hot sauce per pinwheel). Use a fork to stir until well-mixed and no lumps of cream cheese remain.
- Spread cream cheese: Lay your flatbread or tortilla on a cutting board or other clean surface. Spread your buffalo cream cheese on first, being sure to cover the ENTIRE tortilla surface.
- Assemble pinwheel: Next, arrange your deli meat slices flat on the tortilla, covering about 2/3 of the surface. Leave about 1/3 of the tortilla covered with cream cheese only. Add a slice of cheese if you want, then add your celery and carrot sticks to the middle of the flatbread forming a line from edge to edge.
- Roll the pinwheel: Begin rolling the pinwheel from the meat covered side, using both hands and rolling tightly. The veggies may try to escape, but just use your fingers to tuck them in as you roll.
- Meal prep & serve: Cut the roll up into 5 pieces, and arrange in your meal prep container. Portion some berries, nuts or pretzels in to complete the meal! I recommend serving with additional buffalo sauce. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 2-3 days. The outside may become soft depending on what type of tortilla or wrap you have used. Meal prep & enjoy based on your preference – if you don’t want the wraps soft at all, meal prep the night before you plan to eat.
NOTE: These instructions make ONE meal prep lunch – just keep prepping more if you want more! Since these are made one at a time, it’s easy to prep as little or as many as you want. I would recommend prepping these only up to 2-3 days in advance max. Prep ahead the night before for maximum freshness. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 pinwheel
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 38g
Keywords: pinwheels, deli, chicken, buffalo, tortillas, meal prep, lunch, make-ahead