Try making muffins with your pancake mix! These Blueberry Lemon Pancake Mix Muffins are incredibly easy to make in just one bowl! Super delicious, freezer friendly, and excellent for your Summer breakfast meal prep!
- 2 1/4 cups ‘just add water’ pancake mix (I prefer Kodiak Cakes!)
- 1 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- zest & juice from 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (+ more for topping)
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. Use cooking spray or avocado oil to grease a 12-count muffin pan, or use baking muffin liners.
- Mix: In a large mixing bowl, add the pancake mix, milk, brown sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg, vanilla extract and poppy seeds, and stir until well mixed. The batter should be similar consistency to pancake batter or just slightly thicker. Add blueberries and mix gently. Divide the batter between the prepared 12 muffin tin wells. They should be filled nearly all the way to the top. Add a few blueberries to the top of each muffin if desired.
- Bake: Bake muffins in the preheated oven for 20-23 minutes. Muffins are done baking when a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for a couple minutes, then use a butter knife around the edges of the muffins to gently loosen from the sides. Place muffins on a cooling rack and let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: muffins, pancake mix, blueberries, blueberry lemon, breakfast, freezer friendly