These are by far the Best Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties I’ve ever made! Easy to prepare ahead and reheat during busy weekday mornings. These patties stay super juicy thanks to a tiny bit of applesauce!
- 1 pound ground turkey, 93% lean
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except oil, mixing gently with your hands until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Form the mixture into 12 patties, about 1/2 inch thick and 2 inches in diameter each (they will plump up as they cook). I lay the patties out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, place 6 patties into the skillet and let them cook for 3-4 minutes, or until browned on the bottom and beginning to cook up the sides. Flip and continue to cook for another 3 minutes until no longer pink, and a thermometer in the center of a patty reaches at least 165 degrees F. Remove patties from heat and repeat with remaining 6 patties.
- Consume immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To freeze, let the patties cool completely and then store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- From the fridge: Put 3-4 patties on a plate, cover with a paper towel, and microwave (on high) for 60 seconds.
- From the freezer: Put 3-4 patties on a plate, cover with a paper towel, and microwave (on high) for 90 seconds.
Cooking Note: I do not recommend cooking these in the oven. It’s much easier to overcook them. They’ll dry out and become the reason people don’t like ground turkey sausage. Stick with the stovetop!
Adding applesauce idea adapted from Turkey Burgers with Applesauce from Genius Kitchen. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 3 patties (4 oz)
- Calories: 180 calories (60 calories per patty)
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: turkey, ground turkey, turkey sausage, breakfast, recipe, stovetop, applesauce