These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are incredibly juicy, tender, and simple to make. You won’t even miss the breading in this versatile chicken recipe! Use raw chicken breast or tenders to create the most delicious chicken that’s great for salads, wraps, grain bowls, and more!
- 1 pound raw boneless skinless chicken breast (or tenderloins)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the chicken: Place raw chicken breasts on a cutting board. Use a sharp chef’s knife to slice the chicken breast into uniform strips about 1 inch thick. Each chicken breast should make 4-6 strips, depending on size and thickness.
- Marinate chicken: In a large bowl, add the cut chicken strips, oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir gently until chicken is coated in oil and spices. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Do not skip – this step helps tenderize the chicken. Do not let the chicken marinate for more than 12 hours – this could over tenderize the chicken and give it a mushy texture.
- Cook the chicken: Place chicken strips into the air fryer basket in a single layer, not touching each other if possible. Air fry at 380F for 9-11 minutes, flipping halfway through. Chicken is done when the edges and sides are beginning to turn golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165F degrees. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to do this in batches.
- Serve & store: Serve chicken tenders immediately on a salad, in a wrap, in a grain bowl, or with sides like tater tots or fries. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Chicken: Tenderloin cuts are traditional for ‘tenders’, however I prefer to use organic chicken breast from my ButcherBox meat delivery service because I do not like the tenderloin cut. Strips and tenders are very similar, so you can pick your favorite. To customize: Sub Italian seasoning for your favorite seasonings such as Cajun, ranch powder, chili powder, etc.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal. Recipe video added 6/4/21.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: chicken, chicken tenders, air fryer, main dish, protein, dinner