Fill a tortilla with your favorite breakfast ingredients, wrap it up, then make these Crispy Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos golden brown without deep frying! Includes instructions for make-ahead and reheating from frozen!
For the potatoes:
- 1 pound russet or Yukon gold potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes (2 large, 3–4 small potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder/starch (optional for crisp)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the ground sausage:
- 1 pound breakfast seasoned ground pork
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
For the scrambled eggs:
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
For the burritos:
- about 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 7–8 burrito size (10 inch) tortillas
- hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, etc
- Make the potatoes: Preheat oven to 425F. Place diced potatoes on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking liner or parchment paper. Add oil, arrowroot powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper on top of the potatoes and use your hands to mix until the potatoes are evenly coated. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes total, stirring the potatoes halfway through. Cook your other fillings as the potatoes cook in the oven.
- Make the ground sausage: Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground pork and use a wooden spoon or spatula to break the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Cook the meat for about 6-7 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add green chilies and stir until mixed. Remove cooked meat from the pan and set aside.
- Make the eggs: Reduce heat to low-medium. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper. In the same pan the meat was cooked in, add 1 tablespoon butter or ghee. Once melted, add eggs to the pan. Keeping the heat low, continue to move the eggs with a spatula until they thicken and cook through. Turn the heat off and move eggs to a bowl.
- Assemble burritos: Prepare a burrito assembly station with your tortillas, cooked ground sausage, scrambled eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese. Add *up to* 1 and 1/2 cups of filling to each burrito total. I used about 1/2 cup meat, 1/3 cup potatoes, 1/4 cup scrambled eggs, and a large pinch of shredded cheese for each burrito. Do not overfill the burritos.
- Wrap burritos: Wrap tortillas and filling into a tight and secure burrito that holds all the filling inside (see pictures above to help). Step 1: Pull the sides of the tortilla over each end of filling until tight. Step 2: Using your thumbs, pull the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling, covering the sides you folded over in Step 1. Step 3: Tuck the bottom of the tortilla you folded in Step 2 into the burrito, also tucking the sides from the top and bottom of the tortilla. Step 4: Fold the burrito over the remaining open tortilla so it covers the tucked sides and bottom.
- Air fry the burritos: Carefully place 2 burritos into the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350F for 6-10 minutes, or until the burritos are crispy and golden brown. Enjoy with salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, etc.
- Fridge prep & reheat: Follow recipe through step 5 and then store burritos in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Air fry cold burritos with a spritz of avocado spray oil at 325F for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Freezer prep & reheat: Follow recipe through step 5, and then let the burritos cool completely for at least 30 minutes on the counter. Store burritos in an airtight container (wrap individually if you prefer) in the freezer for up to 3 months. Air fry frozen burritos with a spritz of avocado spray oil at 250F for 30 minutes, then increase temperature to 350F and air fry for 2-3 more minutes until crispy and golden brown.
Full recipe for Basic Oven Breakfast Potatoes here! Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 534
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: breakfast burrito, burrito, ground pork, scrambled eggs, air fryer, crispy, air fryer recipes