We are seriously loving these yummy (and good for you!) sweet potato waffles. This recipe is very easy to double – save leftover waffles in the fridge and reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast during the week. Honestly, the hardest part is grating the sweet potatoes, but it’s oh so worth it! Jump to recipe for the Yummy Sweet Potato Waffles.
Try one with a little maple syrup, almond butter, or plain! Tasty for breakfast, lunch or dinner – we even tried them as a side with a chicken main dish. It’s a unique compliment to any meal. Take a look at the yummy sweet potato recipe.
Yummy Sweet Potato Waffles
Yummy Sweet Potato Waffles – Cinnamon and nutmeg in this delicious sweet potato waffles recipe! Drizzle with syrup or peanut butter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 waffles
- 1 giant or 2 small sweet potatoes (aim for 375 grams), grated
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron to medium.
- In a large bowl, mix together grated sweet potato, eggs, milk, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Generously spoon sweet potato mixture into preheated waffle iron, starting in the center and spreading towards the edges. When cooking, the sweet potato mixture will spread minimally compared to classic waffle batter.
- Close waffle iron and let cook for 5-8 minutes. Cooking times may vary slightly due to differences in waffle irons.
- Remove waffle from iron. Drizzle with honey, syrup or peanut butter and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Yuri Elkaim – 3 Ingredient Sweet Potato Waffles.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2g
- Protein: 9.3g
Stay tuned for this and other recipes to be included in our weekly meal plans at Project Meal Plan!