So I’m assuming you spent the rest of the weekend after Thursday eating leftovers, leftovers, and more leftovers. And I bet it felt great to not have to cook for the rest of the weekend. Well, imagine that for the next few days of the upcoming week! Just take a few hours on Sunday to make some super tasty dishes for your week ahead. Every meal you pull out of the fridge already prepared will put a smile on your face – trust me, I do it all the time. I’m never upset that my dinner is already made. Check out the Sunday Meal Prep for November 27th, 2016.
Planning Goals: 1,700 calories a day, made up of 30% carbohydrates, 35% fat, and 35% protein (MyFitnessPal says this equals approximately 127g of carbohydrates, 66g of fat, and 149g of protein).
1) Reduce costs and food waste
2) Save time during busy week days
3) Help provide simple strategies, examples and meal preparation steps that are beneficial to almost anyone
4) Have healthy choices planned, prepared and available to reduce impulse eating
Meal Plan for November 28-December 2
C: 96 g
F: 70 g
P: 149 g
C: 119 g
F: 70 g
P: 141 g
C: 129 g
F: 69 g
P: 133 g
C: 116 g
F: 69 g
P: 162 g
C: 159 g
F: 61 g
P: 154 g
|Breakfast||Egg Scramble & Bacon||Egg Scramble & Bacon||Egg Scramble & Bacon||PB Banana Protein Smoothie||Orange Cranberry Greens Smoothie|
|Lunch||Slow Cooker Jambalaya||Slow Cooker Jambalaya||Slow Cooker Jambalaya||Slow Cooker Jambalaya||Tuna Lettuce Pita Pocket|
|Dinner||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole|
|Snacks||Carrots, Turkey Jerky, Protein Bar||Roasted Chickpeas, Carrots, Protein Shake, Carrots||Apple, Carrots, Roasted Chickpeas, Turkey Jerky||Protein Shake, Turkey Jerky||Roasted Chickpeas, Protein Shake|
See more detail on Project Meal Plan’s My Fitness Pal account.
What you’ll accomplish on Sunday:
- Frozen smoothie packs for breakfasts
- Prepared chopped veggies for breakfasts
- Cooked bacon for breakfasts
- Jambalaya for lunches
- Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole for dinners
Supplies List (for one):
- rotisserie chicken
- andouille sausage for soup, one package
- uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, 1/2 pound
- turkey bacon, at least 4 servings (or your preferred bacon)
- tuna, 1 can
- eggs, dozen
- shredded cheddar cheese, 2 cups
- dry brown rice, 1 1/2 cups
- chicken broth, 2 cups
- crushed tomates, 30-ounce can
- greek yogurt, whole fat
- milk, 2%
- parmesan cheese crisps, such as these
- whole wheat pita pocket (for Friday)
- mayonnaise (for Friday)
- ground chicken, 1 pound (for Friday)
- green pepper, 2
- red pepper, 1
- yellow pepper, 1
- yellow onion, 2
- jalapeños, 3
- cilantro, garnish
- head of broccoli
- head of cauliflower
- baby spinach
- bananas, 2
- strawberries, 1 cup (will be frozen)
- blueberries, 1/2 cup (will be frozen)
- cranberries, 1 cup (will be frozen)
- navel orange, 1
- tomato (or whatever you want to stuff your pita pocket with, for Friday)
- For Friday dinner – spaghetti squash, 1 medium carrot, 2 stalks celery, 1/2 medium onion, 1 red bell pepper, avocado for garnish
**SOME ITEMS ARE NOTED “FOR THURSDAY” or “FOR FRIDAY”. FOR BEST QUALITY, PURCHASE THESE ITEMS LATER IN THE WEEK.
- turkey jerky
- protein bars/shakes
- roasted chickpeas
- turkey jerky
- peanut butter
- vanilla protein powder
- red chili pepper flakes
- dried basil
- dried parsley
- cajun seasoning
- minced garlic
- garlic powder
- hot sauce (Frank’s)
- olive oil
- large skillet or dutch oven
- slow cooker or crock pot
- Kitchen scale
- 4-cup Pyrex bowls for lunches, and large Pyrex bowls
Sunday Meal Prep for November 27th, 2016:
- [15 minutes] Begin with the tasty looking Slow Cooker Jambalya from Le Creme de la Crumb. This will take about 8 hours total, with a couple steps along the way. Follow the recipe to get it going in the slow cooker.
- [30 minutes] The Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole is next. Follow the recipe to get the casserole in the oven, where it will cook for about 35 minutes.
- [10 minutes] While both the casserole and jambalaya are cooking, prep your veggies and smoothie packs for the week’s breakfast. For veggie prep, split 1/2 small chopped onion into 3 portions. Split 1/2 chopped green pepper into 3 portions. Each portion of onions and peppers can be stored together in an airtight container together for Monday through Wednesday chopped veggies on demand! Your exact portions may vary due to the range of veggie sizes. Adjust as needed.
- [10 minutes] Make the following smoothie packs in Ziploc bags for Thursday and Friday: 1) 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries (for the PB Banana Berry Protein Smoothie). 2) 1 banana, 1 cup cranberries (for the Orange Cranberry Greens Protein Smoothie). Place in the freezer until ready to dump in the NutriBullet for your smoothie with the remaining non-frozen ingredients.
- [10 minutes] When the casserole is done, remove from oven, let it cool, and portion into Pyrex bowls or any airtight containers. Makes 4-6 portions depending on your needs.
- [25 minutes] Cook your bacon (or turkey bacon) per package instructions. Keep in large Ziploc with a paper towel to absorb any extra grease.
- [30 minutes] Continue to follow the jambalaya recipe by adding rice after 3-4 hours. Cook for another 1-2 hours as the recipe states. Later you will add shrimp and cook for another 15-20 minutes. When it’s done, portion into 6 portions and eat within 4 days. There’s extra to have for dinner on Sunday.
Total Active Time Estimate: 2 hours, 10 minutes
This Week’s Featured Recipes:
Slow Cooker Jambalaya – This recipe from Le Creme de la Crumb looks so delicious! It’s next on my to-make in the slow cooker list. I plan to use chicken sausage, but use your preferred kind of andouille sausage.
Orange Cranberry Greens Protein Smoothie – As I’ve said, cranberry + orange + cinnamon is my new favorite smoothie combo. Use up your leftover frozen craberries with this recipe.
Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole – This is a new go-to around here, and a definite favorite. Way healthier than it looks, and SO delicious.
Thanks for checking out the Sunday Meal Prep for November 27th, 2016. Any feedback is appreciated so I can improve the Sunday Meal Prep posts every week. Tag @projectmealplan on social media if you meal prep! I’d love to see what you’ve created! And follow me on Pinterest for meal inspiration every single day 🙂