Welcome to Sunday Meal Prep for November 13th, 2016. Keep yourself busy this Sunday by cooking everything ahead of time! This week’s meal plan consists of Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole, taco salad, and the newest addition to the blog, Pizza Pepperoni Waffles! These are on the meal plan for breakfasts, but I totally won’t tell if you change it up. No one will stop you!
1) Reduce costs and food waste
2) Save time during busy week days
3) Help provide simple strategies, examples and meal preparation steps that are beneficial to almost anyone
4) Have healthy choices planned, prepared and available to reduce impulse eating
Meal Plan for November 14-18
|Breakfast||Pepperoni Pizza Waffles||Pepperoni Pizza Waffles||Pepperoni Pizza Waffles||Pepperoni Pizza Waffles||PB Banana Berry Protein Smoothie|
|Lunch||Turkey Taco Salad||Turkey Taco Salad||Turkey Taco Salad||Turkey Taco Salad||Tuna Lettuce Wraps|
|Dinner||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Pesto Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash|
|Snacks||Apple & PB, Carrots & Avocado Hummus||Apple & PB, Protein Bar||Carrots & Avocado Hummus, Protein Shake, Parm Crisps||Apple, Protein Bar||Carrots & Avocado Hummus, Apple|
C: 135 g
F: 82 g
P: 126 g
C: 130 g
F: 70 g
P: 135 g
|Cal: 1,664 |
C: 108 g
F: 75 g
P: 145 g
C: 132 g
F: 71 g
P: 147 g
C: 123 g
F: 74 g
P: 136 g
See more detail on Project Meal Plan’s My Fitness Pal account.
What we’ll accomplish on Sunday:
- Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole for lunches or dinners
- Turkey (or ground beef) taco meat for lunches or dinners
- Smoothie pack prepared for Friday Breakfast
- Protein Packed Pepperoni Pizza Waffles for breakfasts
Supplies List (for one person):
- rotisserie chicken
- boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 pound
- ground turkey, 1 pound
- turkey pepperoni (or your favorite kind of pepperoni)
- Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- albacore tuna, 1 can
- milk, 2% (or your preferred milk)
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- plain greek yogurt, 1 1/3 cup
- refried beans, 1 can (or your preferred beans for taco salad)
- pizza sauce, optional
- sun dried tomatoes, 2-3 tablespoons
- green chilis, 1 can
- mayo (or vegan mayo)
- traditional pesto
- taco salad ingredients (greens, tomatos, avocado, cilantro, etc)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- baby spinach leaves
- white onion
- frozen blueberries/strawberries for smoothies
- spaghetti squash (for Friday dinner)
- romaine lettuce (for Friday lunch)
**SOME ITEMS ARE NOTED “FOR THURSDAY” or “FOR FRIDAY”. FOR BEST QUALITY, PURCHASE THESE ITEMS LATER IN THE WEEK.
- peanut butter
- vanilla protein powder
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- dried parsley
- red pepper flakes
- non-stick cooking spray
- large skillet or dutch oven
- waffle maker
- Kitchen scale
- 4-cup Pyrex bowls for lunches, and large Pyrex bowls
Sunday Meal Prep for November 13th, 2016:
This week, feel free interchange the lunches and dinners for Monday through Thursday, since they are all made ahead.
- [20 minutes] Begin by cooking the Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole. Follow the recipe to steam the broccoli and cauliflower, sauté the onions and spinach, and eventually get the casserole into the oven for approximately 35 minutes.
- [30 minutes] While the casserole is in the oven, cook the ground taco meat. I use turkey meat with the following added: can of green chilis, salt, pepper, cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and jalapeños (if I have them). If you don’t have a preferred taco meat method, here’s a recipe for Homemade Seasoned Taco Meat by Alea at Premediated Leftovers. Let it cool completely.
- [5 minutes] Make your smoothie pack for Friday Breakfast, or do this while your turkey meat is cooking.
- [15 minutes] When the turkey meat is cooled, you can choose to prepare each salad on Sunday, or prepare one each night for the next day to improve freshness. Instead, you can choose to take the casserole for lunches and prepare each taco salad for dinner.
- [40 minutes] Finally, move on to the Protein Packed Pepperoni Pizza Waffles. Store in ziploc bags or freeze, and remove one from the freezer the night before you plan to eat it.
Total Active Time Estimate: 1 hour, 50 minutes
This Week’s Featured Recipes:
Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole – FAVORITE. There’s a reason it’s in the Favorites category. Way healthier than it looks, and SO delicious.
Protein Packed Pepperoni Pizza Waffles – New on the blog this week! Protein waffles (Kodiak Cakes is the absolute best) with pepperonis and mozzarella inside to start your morning off the right way (the pizza way).
Thanks for checking out the Sunday Meal Prep for November 13th, 2016. Any feedback is appreciated so I can improve the Sunday Meal Prep posts every week. Tag @projectmealplan on social media if you meal prep! I’d love to see what you’ve created! And follow me on Pinterest for meal inspiration every single day 🙂