It’s March! And another month gone by. This week’s prep features some super healthy and filling ideas for breakfast and lunch, but leaves dinners pretty much open for your own planning or emptying out your fridge. Sometimes, if my breakfasts and lunches are home-cooked, filling and delicious, I’ll be down for a small wrap or sandwich for dinner. I use that as an excuse to get rid of extra veggies or meat from the fridge. But obviously, this is more of a choose-your-own-adventure type of website, so feel free to skip my tuna melt on sandwich thin plans 🙂 Here’s the Sunday Meal Prep for March 5th, 2017.
If you haven’t tried brown rice Pad Thai noodles, I’m thinking now is your time. I’m talking about Annie Chun’s Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles. I located these babies in the Asian food section of my local grocery store, but they might actually be cheaper via the Amazon subscribe and save option. They just happen to be vegan AND gluten free. So pair with them only veggies for a vegan version, or try out the chicken pad thai recipe I prepped for the week!
1) Reduce costs and food waste
2) Save time during busy week days
3) Help provide simple strategies, examples and meal preparation steps that are beneficial to almost anyone
4) Have healthy choices planned, prepared and available to reduce impulse eating
Meal Plan for March 6-10
|Breakfast||Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole||Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole||Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole||Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole||Greek yogurt, banana & PB|
|Lunch||Homemade Chicken Pad Thai||Homemade Chicken Pad Thai||Homemade Chicken Pad Thai||Homemade Chicken Pad Thai||Tuna Sandwich on Sandwich Thin|
|Dinner||Healthy Buffalo Chicken Bake||Healthy Buffalo Chicken Bake||Turkey Pesto Wrap||Tuna Melt on Sandwich Thin||Thai Delite Pizza|
|Snacks||Apple & PB, Whisps, cashews||Whisps, banana & PB, V8 juice||Protein Bar, Greek yogurt, almonds||Whisps, Protein bar, V8 juice|
See more detail on Project Meal Plan’s My Fitness Pal account.
Prepped on Sunday:
- Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage Breakfast Casserole for breakfasts (extra portions can be frozen) from Project Meal Plan
- Healthy Chicken Pad Thai Meal Prep from Fit Men Cook for lunches
For one person’s Sunday Prep, you’ll need:
- boneless skinless chicken breast (thinly sliced is easier), 1 to 1.5 pounds
- Italian ground chicken sausage, 1 pound (16 ounces)
- Annie Chun’s Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles
- minced garlic or garlic paste
- 10 eggs
- 2% milk, 1/2 cup
- feta cheese, 1/2 cup
- mozzarella cheese, 1 1/2 cups
- veggies for pad thai, including: 1 red bell pepper, 8 ounces white mushrooms, 1 yellow onion, 2 cups bean sprouts, lime, cilantro
- veggies for breakfast casserole: 1 large/long sweet potato, 8 ounces white mushrooms, 1 yellow onion, 3 cups spinach leaves
- rice vinegar
- fish sauce
- low sodium soy sauce
- red chili pepper paste/sauce
- coconut sugar
- garlic salt
- red pepper flakes
- non-stick cooking spray
- Whisps parmesan crisps
- apples/bananas/Peanut butter
- protein bars/shakes
- V8 Purple Power (I tried it this week because I got a free bottle… beets and carrots! It’s not my favorite thing but it tastes super healthy and I plan to finish the bottle!)
During the week meal ideas:
Tuna melt on Sandwich thin
Turkey Wrap with Pesto and Provolone
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bake from Project Meal Plan
Sunday Meal Prep for March 5th, 2017:
- [30 minutes] This week, I would recommend starting out with the Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage Breakfast Casserole. Once the final product is in the oven, you can get started with prep for the next recipe.
- [40 minutes] Work on the Healthy Chicken Pad Thai Meal Prep recipe from Fit Men Cook. I made the following modifications to the recipe: Instead of 1/4 cup rice vinegar, I used 1/8 cup rice vinegar and 1/8 cup fish sauce. Vegetable slightly adjusted to include more mushrooms, and different onions. I cooked the chicken almost all the way before adding the vegetables and sauce. The cooked noodles were added when the dish was just about done. Everything was cooked in my Dutch oven.
- [10 minutes] When both dishes are complete, make sure to let them cool almost completely before putting them in the fridge. Store in airtight containers for up to 4 days. You can also freeze extra portions of breakfast casserole for the following week.
Total Active Time Estimate: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Thanks for checking out the Sunday Meal Prep for March 5th, 2017. Any feedback is appreciated so I can improve the Sunday Meal Prep posts every week. Tag @projectmealplan on social media if you meal prep! I’d love to see what you’ve created! And follow me on Pinterest for meal inspiration every single day 🙂