This week is a prime example of a ‘clean out your fridge’ style meal prep. All of the items for lunch prep were already in my fridge or freezer. And some seriously needed to be used up. I thawed some chicken breast, found some leftover veggies, and opened up the organic spinach and cheese ravioli from Costco. I totally could have done quinoa or brown rice, but it’s nice to change it up sometimes. Here’s the Sunday Meal Prep for March 26th, 2017.
Planning Goals: 1,700 calories a day, made up of 30% carbohydrates, 35% fat, and 35% protein (MyFitnessPal says this equals approximately 127g of carbohydrates, 66g of fat, and 149g of protein).
1) Reduce costs and food waste
2) Save time during busy week days
3) Help provide simple strategies, examples and meal preparation steps that are beneficial to almost anyone
4) Have healthy choices planned, prepared and available to reduce impulse eating
Meal Plan for March 27-31
|Breakfast||Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Pancakes w/PB||Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Pancakes w/PB||Cinnamon PB Blueberry Smoothie||Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Pancakes w/PB||Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Pancakes w/PB|
|Lunch||Chicken, Veggies & Ravioli||Chicken, Veggies & Ravioli||Chicken, Veggies & Ravioli||Chicken, Veggies & Ravioli||Tuna Sandwich Thin|
|Dinner||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole||Turkey Taco Black Bean Salads|
|Snacks||Whole Wheat Fig Bar, Siggi's Yogurt, Protein Shake||Protein Bar, Cashews||Siggi's Yogurt, Protein Shake||Whole Wheat Fig Bar, Protein Bar||Halo Top, Banana, Protein Shake|
See more detail on Project Meal Plan’s My Fitness Pal account.
Prepped on Sunday:
- Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Protein Pancakes for breakfasts
- Italian Chicken, Veggies & Raviolis for lunches
- Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole for dinners
- Note: To reduce the Sunday prep load, you can cook this on Monday and then eat it for the rest of the week.
Sunday Supplies List (for one person):
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 large
- rotisserie chicken
- frozen blueberries, 1 1/4 cup
- Kodiak Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- eggs, 4
- whole fat greek yogurt, 1 cup
- sharp cheddar cheese, 1 1/5 cups
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or regular milk works)
- cheese & spinach raviolis (I used an organic kind from Costco, pick your favorite)
- baked parmesan crisps
- lemon, 1
- various veggies for lunches: baby carrots, onion, spinach, sugar snap peas, etc. (I used leftover veggies from the fridge)
- head of broccoli
- head of cauliflower
- white onion
- chicken broth
- poppy seeds
- chicken spices: garlic powder, oregano, basil, minced garlic
- casserole spices: red chili pepper flakes, basil, parsley
- olive or avocado oil
Sunday Meal Prep for March 26th, 2017:
- [60 minutes] First, start your Sunday Meal Prep by making the Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole. To reduce the Sunday prep load, you can cook this on Monday and then eat it for the rest of the week. Get the the casserole into the oven and then prep items for the next meals. Eat some for dinner on Sunday.
- [20 minutes] Next, move on to the ‘fridge clean out’ lunches. I followed this recipe for Italian-Seasoned Chicken Breasts from Nutritious Eats, and made the chicken in my Dutch oven.
- [5 minutes] Cook the ravioli to package directions. I made about 20 raviolis, and put 5 in each meal.
- [20 minutes] Since I had veggies to cook for lunches too, I deglazed the Dutch oven using 1/2 cup chicken broth (remove the meat, leave the heat on, pour in 1/2 cup chicken broth, and use a wooden spoon to scrape all the bits from the bottom for about 60 seconds). Next, I added my carrots (8 ounces) and 1/4 onion (chopped) to the flavorful liquid and let them cook for about 5 minutes, along with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon minced garlic. This was followed by 8 ounces sugar snap peas in their pods (cooked for another 2 minutes), and 3-4 cups of spinach last. Arrange everything equally in meal prep containers as pictured.
- [30 minutes] Finally, work on the Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Protein Pancakes. I like to freeze half the batch and then remove them from the freezer later in the week so they stay fresh.
Total Active Time Estimate: 2 hours 15 minutes
During the Week Ideas:
Thanks for checking out the Sunday Meal Prep for March 26th, 2017. Any feedback is appreciated so I can improve the Sunday Meal Prep posts every week. Tag @projectmealplan on social media if you meal prep! I’d love to see what you’ve created! And follow me on Pinterest for meal inspiration every single day 🙂