You may notice this week’s meal prep is very… orange. Normally, I would have gotten something green to go with it. But I used the vegetable roasting chart, picked out two of my favorites, and didn’t realize until I was in line at the check out that my veggies were both going to be bright orange. I’ve decided to just be okay with it. Incorporate green elsewhere. Snacks, smoothies, or dinner. Plus, I think the variation is good. There’s always next week. For now, embrace the orange sweet potato/carrot combo, and find some ideas from the Sunday Meal Prep for February 5th, 2017.
Planning Goals: 1,700 calories a day, made up of 30% carbohydrates, 35% fat, and 35% protein (MyFitnessPal says this equals approximately 127g of carbohydrates, 66g of fat, and 149g of protein).
1) Reduce costs and food waste
2) Save time during busy week days
3) Help provide simple strategies, examples and meal preparation steps that are beneficial to almost anyone
4) Have healthy choices planned, prepared and available to reduce impulse eating
Meal Plan for February 6-10
|Breakfast||Siggi's Yogurt, Hard-Boiled Egg||Siggi's Yogurt, Hard-Boiled Egg||PB Banana Berry Smoothie||Siggi's Yogurt, Hard-Boiled Egg||PB Banana Berry Smoothie|
|Lunch||Chicken, Sweet Potatoes & Carrots||Chicken, Sweet Potatoes & Carrots||Chicken, Sweet Potatoes & Carrots||Chicken, Sweet Potatoes & Carrots||Turkey Sandwich Thin & Cucumbers|
|Dinner||Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole with Greens||Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole with Greens||Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole with Greens||Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole with Greens||Pesto Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash|
|Snacks||Cucumbers & Yogurt Dip, Protein Bar||Cucumbers & Yogurt Dip, Protein Shake, Parm Crisps||Hard-Boiled Egg||Protein Bar, Halotop||Halotop|
See more detail on Project Meal Plan’s My Fitness Pal account.
Finished on Sunday:
- Hard-boiled eggs for Monday-Thursday breakfast and snacks
- Smoothie fruit portioned for Wednesday and Friday breakfast
- Chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and carrots for Monday-Thursday lunches
- Baked Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole for Monday-Thursday dinner
- Sliced cucumber for snacks
Supplies List (for one person):
- boneless skinless chicken breast, 4 pounds (7-8 chicken breasts total)
- eggs, 4
- Siggi’s yogurt, 3 servings (any flavor)
- plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup
- creamy peanut butter
- frozen fruit including blueberries and strawberries, 3 cups total
- brown rice noodles, 3 cups
- cream cheese, 4 ounces
- shredded cheddar blend cheese, 1 1/2 cups
- yogurt veggie dip (I like the Trader Joe’s Cilantro & Chive Dip)
- bananas, 2
- medium sweet potatoes, 2
- baby carrots, 16 ounces
- spinach leaves, 1 bag
- bell peppers, 3 (red, yellow, green)
- jalapeños, 2
- yellow onion, large, 1
- lime, 1
- cucumber, 1
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- vanilla protein powder
- chicken spice rub of choice (I used Stubb’s All-Natural Chicken Spice Rub)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried parsley
- avocado oil (always Chosen Foods!)
- sheet pan (2)
- stock pot or Dutch oven
- Kitchen scale
- 4-cup Pyrex bowls for lunches, and large Pyrex bowls
During the Week:
Sliced turkey sandwich on a sandwich thin – Friday lunch
Pesto Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash – Friday dinner – by Project Meal Plan
Sunday Meal Prep for February 5th, 2017:
- [70 minutes] This week, start out by making the Baked Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole. I love this recipe for dinners, and it reheats very well. Serve over greens to incorporate more veggies. Eat some for Sunday dinner too! While it’s cooking, you can start cutting up the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick strips.
- [25 minutes] Move on to boiling eggs for your week’s snacks. According to the FDA, hard-boiled eggs keep in the refrigerator for up to one week after cooking. Check out the Food Network’s guide for boiling eggs. When your casserole is done, let it cool, cover and store in the fridge.
- Between egg boiling steps, you can get your smoothie packs ready while you wait. Arrange the fruit and banana portions into Ziploc bags. Place into the freezer.
- [5 minutes] Wash and slice cucumber into rounds for a pre-made snack.
- [45 minutes] Finally, make your lunches by preparing your carrots, sweet potatoes and chicken. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Drizzle with less than 1 tablespoon avocado oil (REQUIRED – high smoke point for high temp cooking), 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons chicken rub seasoning of your choice. This week, I used Stubb’s All-Natural Chicken Spice Rub. Spread chicken on half of one sheet pan. Next, season baby carrots with 1 teaspoon each of garlic salt, onion powder, sea salt, dried parsley, and a drizzle of avocado oil. Spread on the other half of the first sheet pan. Finally, cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick strips. Season with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sea salt. Arrange on its own sheet pan. Cook potatoes for 30 minutes. Cook carrots/chicken for 20-23 minutes. These can be cooked at the same time! When everything is done and cooled, arrange in airtight containers.
Total Active Time Estimate: 2 hours, 25 minutes
This Week’s Featured Recipes:
Thanks for checking out the Sunday Meal Prep for February 5th, 2017. Any feedback is appreciated so I can improve the Sunday Meal Prep posts every week. Tag @projectmealplan on social media if you meal prep! I’d love to see what you’ve created! And follow me on Pinterest for meal inspiration every single day 🙂