Spend a little time on Sunday for these Prep Ahead Rotisserie Chicken Nachos, and on Monday night you’ll have a delicious dinner on the table in 15 minutes! It’s a quick and easy dinner idea with the prep ahead inspiration you need!
- 50-60 tortilla chips of your choice, about 5 ounces*
- 10 ounces rotisserie chicken, about 3 cups loosely packed (or any leftover cooked chicken)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, sliced (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, Mexican blend or cheddar
- other toppings of choice: onion, cilantro, olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, avocado, basically whatever you want on your nachos
To prep ahead:
- Store all prepared ingredients in airtight containers in the fridge and use within 3 days.
- Chicken: Roughly chop the rotisserie chicken and then place it in a storage container. Lightly dust some cayenne pepper (about 1/8 tsp) and cumin powder (about 1/4 tsp) over the chicken and briefly mix together.
- Black Beans: Drain and rinse your black beans using a fine mesh strainer. Let the beans sit and drip dry for a few minutes or pat with a paper towel and store.
- Green Pepper & Jalapeno: Wash, remove stem and seeds, finely dice (bell pepper) or slice into rings (jalapeno).
- Tortilla chips & shredded cheese: Review serving size & portion information and portion accordingly. This step is not necessary if you don’t care how many chips or how much cheese you you eat. Just grab from the bag when you cook the nachos.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for quick clean up later. Use large flat chips to form the first layer on the sheet pan, using just over half of the chips. It does not have to be perfect. Add toppings, starting with chicken, then beans, peppers, any other toppings you want, and finally cheese. Use up about half of your toppings.
- When the first layer is complete, semi-carefully place the second layer of chips over the first. Repeat the same topping layers as the bottom, adding cheese last.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, watching carefully towards the end. Top with cilantro, sour cream, avocados, and salsa.
Tortilla chips: The tortilla chips I used had a portion size of 12 chips per serving, so I went with about 50 chips total for 4 servings. Serving size will vary based on the brand of chips you use.
This recipe makes approximately 4 servings. Feel free to cut the recipe in half instead of saving leftovers, as nachos do not reheat well. It tastes way better to make another batch of nachos from your prepped ingredients than to try to reheat already cooked nachos.
The goal for this recipe is to use about half the meat of one store-bought rotisserie chicken, saving the remaining meat for another meal. This idea may or may not work for you depending on your family size and the size of your rotisserie chicken. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal. Calories will be highly dependent on brands of ingredients and amount of toppings used.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 497
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 33g