Meal Prep Asian-Style Marinated Chicken with Veggies – An easy & flavorful chicken marinade for Asian-style baked chicken with my favorite veggies! – ProjectMealPlan.com
- 1 1/4 pounds (20 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breast, fresh or thawed (approximately 3 medium to large chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (I used ginger paste!)
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large sweet potato (a pound or so), cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon (or so) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper
See link in notes for green bean recipe
Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk until blended. Add marinade and chicken to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine sweet potato ingredients in a medium bowl until all the sweet potato is coated with oil. Spread onto one side of a foil lined baking sheet. Place chicken breasts on the other side.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Stir sweet potatoes and check chicken temperature. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, checking the chicken temperature until it reaches 165 degrees F.
- See notes for the green bean recipe I cooked on the stove while the sheet pan was in the oven.
- Slice chicken breasts when cool, and divide chicken and vegetables between 4 airtight containers. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (5 ounces chicken breast plus veggies)
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 58g